2007年2月19日

Updating Trampoline...

A new version of Ogre ("Eihort", 1.4.x) was recently released. I decided to upgrate OgreNewt to work with this new version, which went pretty smoothly. Next I decided to update Trampoline to this new version, and that was actually quite a lot of work. Getting Ogre happy wasn't too bad, I mostly had to fix all of my Ogre::Exception code to have 1 more parameter. But the latest Ogre uses CEGUI v0.5, which has quite a few breaking changes from previous versions.

After editing a lot of files, I finally have the game up and running again, and everything appears to look like it did before. The new CEGUI seems to have been improved a bit, which will make localizing the game into Japanese much easier than before (it detects glyphs automatically now, instead of having to provide them upfront, which with Kanji characters can get really annoying).

I still have a bit of work to do, and some animation updates and character file updates, but this has energized me to continue to work on the game, and release a new updated version in the near future. no huge gameplay changes, just a few more characters, and the ability to localize the game more easily.

3 件のコメント:

stafford さんのコメント...

Dude, I just clocked your trampoline game. Awesomeness. Great game, well done.

seventhkevin さんのコメント...

Any plans to update StuntPlayground?

Unknown さんのコメント...

aweeesome dude you're the best