2008年11月19日

JellyCar iPhone breaks 1 million downloads!! (and new version coming soon)


Based on Apple's daily trend information (which I've been tracking since JellyCar was released), as of yesterday JellyCar has had just over 1 million downloads worldwide!! WOW!!

The image above is a graph of the daily trend data from Apple, each bar represents 1 day of downloads, and the colors represent different countries. The large light blue section in the middle of each bar is US downloads. Dark blue towards the bottom is Canada, and the Orange is the U.K.



I am also working on a another update to the game, which will make several improvements - first is a new main menu that divides the levels up by difficulty, making it easier to understand, and also allowing for more levels to be added (the old menu was filling up the entire screen with icons):


After touching "easy", "average", or "hard", you get a new set of icons, representing the levels for that difficulty:



The other big addition (besides some new levels!) is the new global ranking system, that lets you compare your best times with every other JellyCar player around the world. The system seems to be working fine, we'll see how it does once it's released:



1 件のコメント:

hazymat さんのコメント...

Jellycar is the most amazing game ever, my friends and I have been absolutely desperate to get our hands on more levels and we are very excited about the update which looks fantastic. It's a truly brilliant game, thank you. Can't wait to see the new version! Will you ever charge for the game? Also, the music is exceptional and I fall asleep every night whistling it and it's a source of great amusement for me and my friends. Will you ever make MP3s of the music available for download? I would love that then I could listen to it in my car (which isn't made of jelly). Thanks again, Mat www.hazymat.co.uk