2009年11月14日

What a week!


It's been an exciting week to say the least. JellyCar 2 somehow shot up to #1 on the Paid Apps chart in the App Store on it's 2nd day, and has held that spot so far. Reviews have been mostly positive, which is extremely gratifying. Several bugs have been reported, and we're working on an update right now that will address those-- hope to have it live as soon as possible, but of course it still has to go through Apple's review process, so it'll take some time.

It's still hard for me to believe how JellyCar has evolved from a simple project to test my soft-body physics engine, into the #1 app for the most popular smartphone in the world... It's a very surreal feeling :)

Many people seem confused or misinformed about the Disney connection. The simple answer is that I actually work for Disney! I pitched the idea of a sequel to JellyCar 1 to our mobile development team, and the project was given the green light. Starting with my source code from JC1, a really talented team built JC2, based on a design that I created in collaboration with the JC2 team. I worked closely with the team on the entire project. We are planning on continuing to update the game with new content (I think I'll probably design a few new cars to add myself) as we move forward, so hopefully the complaints that people have with the game will all be addressed in the near future.

0 件のコメント: