2005年8月24日

First proper update

Well I guess I should give a little wrap-up of where I am and what I'm doing now so this Blog has a proper start.

I was living in Tokyo for the past 3 years, (1 year teaching English, 2 years working for a TV production company on a really cool prime-time TV show in Japan), and just recently moved back to the U.S. with my beautiful new wife Audrey, whom I met studying abroad in Japan back in college. Actually we got married after we got here to the States, but we were living together in Tokyo before.

I'm currently looking for work here in Florida where we are staying. I've been making 3D PC games as a hobby for a few years now, with some limited success, and hope to make a living making games, as it's what I'm most interested in right now. Unfortunately there isn't a huge games industry in Florida, so my options are limited.

Anywho, right now I'm working on an update to my most popular game Stunt Playground (see my homepage) which inludes more cars and props (and some improvements to the game code).... I'm also working on a new game which I'm really excited about. it's a game I always wished existed, and making it myself has been really cool so far. one look at my list of interests and you'll see why I'm totally excited to make a Trampoline game! this will be a fully 3D game, with very realistic trampoline physics, and almost every trick possible on a trampoline in the game. think Tony Hawk, but on a trampoline. okay, maybe not that deep or cool, but you get the idea. I'll be posting pics and videos of the games progress on this blog as I go, but here's the latest WIP screenshot from the project:



I'll probably post a little bit in Japanese too, just to keep my kanguage skills up, and hopefully get some of my Japanese-speaking friends to read :)

こ のブログというものは最近誰も持っている感じで、僕も持ちたくなりました。とにかくここではおそらく僕の趣味であるゲーム開発あるいはトランポリンや体 操の練習での出来事の投稿ばかりになりそうです。日本語の能力が低下する怖さを感じ、このブログで日本語ですこしでも投稿しようと思っておりますのでヨロ シク!あああ、もう日本語が下手になっていくのが目で見えている~~!!!早くも日本に旅行しなくては・・・・っていうか就職が先か。

2 件のコメント:

b-ryce さんのコメント...

I went to those tv station links and didn't understand anything. It looked like a foregin language to me. I'm pumped to play your tramp game. When are you going to post the beta version?

walaber さんのコメント...

I still have to do a bit of modelling first (at least 1 more background, and 1 more character type), and then I hope to put together the first proper beta. sorry about those links... they are, in fact... pig latin.