2005年8月27日

Well it rang! ...sort of.

Interesting day. first I got a call from a game dev company in California about a job I applied for a few days ago. it's a Lead QA job, but they're looking for someone fluent in Japanese, which is the main reason I applied. They seem interested enough, because he said he'd try to arrange to fly me out for an interview in the next week or so! so that might be really interesting- I might end up in L.A. for a day or so.

also the local company here finally called me today. only to tell me that they don't have a job right now, but if a few in-the-works deals come through, I'll be the first person they call. so whatever that means. I'm still optimistic, but I have no idea about the time frame on this...

In other news work on the "gym" scene is going well. I have most of the basic geometry in place, and the layout is coming together. here are some WIP screenshots (note that all mateials and lighting are completely temporary)

Wide shot of the gym


Close-up shot


Mock in-game angle:


割 と動きのある日だった。まずカリフォルニアのゲーム開発会社から電話が来た。数日前僕はその会社の「QAリード」という仕事に応募したので。なぜ応募し たかというと、「日本語の話せる人」が条件だったから。とにかく向こうは真剣っぽくて、「面接のために、カリフォルニアまで来てもらう段取りをする」まで 言ってくれた!まだ喜ぶのが早いと思うけど、もしかして来週・再来週にCAを尋ねるかも!?

そしてこっちの地元の会社からやっと返事が来 た。だが返事というよりも、「状況説明」に近い感じだった。つまり、「今採用できないが、今結んでいる最中の 契約が決まればお前を採用したいと思っている」と言われた。ただそれはいつの話かは。。。分からない。まぁ、「お前なんかいらねぇよ」よりマシか。

トランポリンゲームの開発は進んでいます。上の画像は「ジム」のシーンの途中経過。色とか光は全部仮だけど、モデル事態は80%ぐらい完成。

0 件のコメント: